Tenderstem®, Watermelon & Feta Salad
10 minutes cooking
Nothing says summer like a juicy slice of watermelon. Incorporated here into a salad recipe, the watermelon offers a great complementary flavour and texture to the Tenderstem®.
- 200g Tenderstem®
- 15g pumpkin seeds
- Quarter of a medium sized watermelon
- Quarter of a medium cucumber
- 200g feta cheese
- Half bunch of mint leaves, roughly chopped
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Steam the Tenderstem® for a few minutes until it is just tender. Remove and leave to cool.
- Lightly toast the pumpkin seeds in a hot frying pan until they start to turn crunchy and golden. Remove from the pan and leave to cool.
- Cut the watermelon and the cucumber into chunks and place in a bowl or on a large serving plate. Cut the Tenderstem® into bite-size pieces and add to the bowl/plate. Crumble over the feta cheese and sprinkle over the toasted pumpkin seeds and chopped mint.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the lemon juice and olive oil. Season with salt and pepper. Pour over the top of the salad and serve.
- If you wanted to transform this into more of a substantial salad, mix in 200g cooked Puy lentils as they make a delicious addition.
Nutrition information for Tenderstem® is based on lab analysis of the raw product commissioned by Tenderstem®. Please note, nutrition may vary due to origin, methods of storage and preparation, and freshness.
Nutrition analysis of recipes featured on the Tenderstem® website is calculated by a registered dietitian using McCance and Widdowson's The Composition of Foods, Seventh Edition, but may vary slightly depending on the specific ingredients used. Analyses do not include optional ingredients or suggested accompaniments unless specific amounts are given. If there is a range in the amount of an ingredient, the smaller amount is used. When a recipe lists a choice of ingredients, the first is used.