How to cook Tenderstem® broccoli from frozen
New Tenderstem® broccoli Frozen. Made with Tenderstem® broccoli broccoli picked and packed at its freshest, but frozen to lock in all the flavour and healthy stuff. Individually frozen stems mean you can use as much or as little as you like. Find out where to buy.
Frozen Tenderstem® broccoli can be used just like the fresh stems – it’s perfect as a simple side dish or as a delicious addition to stir fries, salads, pasta sauces and curries. Recommend cooking from frozen, do not eat raw, do not re-freeze once defrosted, ensure the product is piping hot before eating.
How to Cook Tenderstem® Broccoli From Frozen
- Boil – Add to a pan of boiling water for 1-3 minutes. You can test the stem for tenderness to your liking with a sharp knife. Drain and serve.
- Steam – Bring some water to the boil in your pan and place your frozen Tenderstem® on top in a steamer pan. Steam for 2-4 minutes. The Tenderstem® broccoli should turn bright green and tender when it’s ready. If you don’t have a steamer pan, you can use a colander and place your saucepan lid over the top.
- Stir Fry – Add frozen Tenderstem® to a hot wok with a little bit of oil and fry for 2-3 minutes, adding some seasoning as it cooks.
- Griddle or BBQ – Coat frozen Tenderstem® with a small amount of oil and add to a hot griddle pan or BBQ and cook for around 2-3 minutes or until you achieve a little bit of charring to the stem and florets.
- Roasted – Add some frozen Tenderstem® to a roasting dish and drizzle with a little oil. Roast for 7-8 minutes at 180ºC. Season to your liking and serve.