Roasted Tenderstem®, Grilled Halloumi & Cherry Tomato Salad
20 minutes cooking
A warm salad where the contrasting textures are as lovely as the flavours.
- 300g Tenderstem®
- 2 large cloves of garlic, thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 150g cherry tomatoes
- 50g walnut halves, roughly chopped
- white balsamic vinegar/condiment (or white wine or cider vinegar)
- Black Pepper
- 200g halloumi cut into 4 slices
- 1 ripe avocado, peeled and cubed
- 2 tsp small capers
- Heat oven to 200C/400F/Gas mark 6
- Place the Tenderstem®, garlic and oil in a large roasting pan. Cover with foil and roast for 15 minutes. Add the tomatoes and walnuts and roast for a further 5 minutes. The Tenderstem® broccoli should be tender by now and the tomatoes just beginning to split.
- Take out of the oven and mix in the vinegar with the baking juices in the pan ensuring all the vegetables are coated and season with black pepper.
- Heat a non-stick pan and griddle the halloumi on both sides until golden.
- Plate individually, placing the halloumi on the bottom, piling the salad with all its juices on top with the avocado and capers.
Nutrition information for Tenderstem® is based on lab analysis of the raw product commissioned by Tenderstem®. Please note, nutrition may vary due to origin, methods of storage and preparation, and freshness.
Nutrition analysis of recipes featured on the Tenderstem® website is calculated by a registered dietitian using McCance and Widdowson's The Composition of Foods, Seventh Edition, but may vary slightly depending on the specific ingredients used. Analyses do not include optional ingredients or suggested accompaniments unless specific amounts are given. If there is a range in the amount of an ingredient, the smaller amount is used. When a recipe lists a choice of ingredients, the first is used.