Griddled Tenderstem® tossed in salsa verde
5 minutes preparation
5 minutes cooking
This super easy salsa verde is the perfect accompaniment to griddled Tenderstem® for a side dish that wows. Serve it with traditional roast lamb and all the trimmings for Sunday lunch perfection.
- 1 packet Tenderstem®
- 1 teaspoon rapeseed oil
- Small bunch of basil
- Small bunch of parsley
- Small bunch of mint, leaves removed
- 2 teaspoons capers
- Small handful of baby gherkins
- 1 teaspoon red wine vinegar
- 100ml extra virgin olive oil
- 2 garlic gloves, peeled
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 5 anchovies
- salt and pepper
- Add the garlic to the food processor and blitz, then add the basil, parsley and mint leaves, and blitz. Next add the gherkins, anchovies, Dijon mustard and the capers and blitz again. Lastly add the olive oil and the red wine vinegar and blitz until smooth. Blitz less is you want some more texture.
- Preheat a griddle pan until very hot. Toss your Tenderstem® in 1 tbsp of rapeseed oil until lightly covered. Then add the Tenderstem® to your griddle pan and cook on each side for about 2 minutes until cooked with charred marks.
- While hot, toss the Tenderstem® in a few tablespoons of salsa verde. Best served alongside roast lamb.
Nutrition information for Tenderstem® is based on lab analysis of the raw product commissioned by Tenderstem®. Please note, nutrition may vary due to origin, methods of storage and preparation, and freshness.
Nutrition analysis of recipes featured on the Tenderstem® website is calculated by a registered dietitian using McCance and Widdowson's The Composition of Foods, Seventh Edition, but may vary slightly depending on the specific ingredients used. Analyses do not include optional ingredients or suggested accompaniments unless specific amounts are given. If there is a range in the amount of an ingredient, the smaller amount is used. When a recipe lists a choice of ingredients, the first is used.