Vegetarian Tenderstem® and Peanut Noodles
The crunch of those peanuts offsets the soft noodles and delivers a tasty protein punch!
This is a really simple mid-week meal that’s really popular with kids. If you’re cooking for very young children you can leave out the ginger and red chili, but it gives a great kick for those with braver taste buds!
2 minutes preparation
10 minutes cooking
- 200g Tenderstem®, stems cut in half
- 2tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 red pepper, deseeded & sliced
- 1 yellow pepper, deseeded & sliced
- ½ bunch spring onions, sliced
- 1-2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2cm piece root ginger, grated (optional)
- 1 medium hot red chili (optional)
- 2 heaped tbsp crunchy peanut butter
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 250g (4 blocks) dried egg noodles, cooked according to the packet instructions
In a wok or large frying pan heat the oil until hot. Stir fry the Tenderstem®, red and yellow peppers and spring onions over a high heat for about 3 minutes, or until they are starting to soften a little.
Add the garlic, chili and ginger and fry for a further 2 minutes.
In a small bowl mix the peanut butter and soy sauce together, then pour into the wok, stirring well to coat everything.
Stir through the cooked noodles and serve immediately.