Monday Night Tenderstem® & Chicken Peanut Noodles
Start the week off with a bang with this light and simple Monday night dinner in. A delicious way to use that leftover chicken.
This easy recipe uses cooked chicken leftover from the Sunday roast. If you don’t have chicken, cooked pork or beef works equally well, and goes down a storm with the whole family. If you’re cooking for young children leave out the red chilli, but it gives a great kick for those with braver tastebuds!
5 minutes preparation
10 minutes cooking
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 200g Tenderstem®, stems cut in half
- 1 red pepper, deseeded & sliced
- 1 yellow pepper, deseeded & sliced
- ½ bunch spring onions, sliced
- 200g leftover cooked roast chicken, chopped
- 1 - 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 medium hot red chilli (optional)
- 2cm piece root ginger, grated (optional)
- 2 heaped tbsp crunchy peanut butter
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 250g (4 blocks) dried egg noodles, cooked according to the packet instructions
In a wok or large frying pan heat the oil until hot. Stir fry the Tenderstem®, red and yellow peppers and spring onions over a high heat for about 3 minutes, or until they are starting to soften a little.
Add the cooked chicken, garlic, chilli and ginger and fry for a further 2 minutes.
In a small bowl mix the peanut butter and soy sauce together, then pour into the wok, stirring well to coat everything.
Stir through the cooked noodles and serve immediately.