Blood orange, beetroot, Tenderstem® & hazelnut with a chilli vinaigrette
Nutritional information per serving
- 1 garlic clove, grated
- 1tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 red chilli, finely chopped
- 2 tbsps of beetroot from vacuum packed beetroot (not in vinegar)
- zest of 1 blood orange (before its peeled)
- Sea salt, a good pinch
- 300g Tenderstem® (if frying will need 2 tbps of olive oil)
- 2 cooked beetroot (not in vinegar)
- 2 blood oranges, peeled and sliced into discs
- A handful of toasted hazelnuts, roughly chopped
- For the vinaigrette, mix the beetroot juice, zest of a blood orange, olive oil, garlic, chilli, red wine vinegar and salt together to make your dressing.
- Cut the beetroot into wedges
- Pan fry the Tenderstem®
- Peel the blood oranges and slice into discs
- Layer the beetroot, oranges and Tenderstem® onto a plate and drizzle with the dressing and top with the chopped toasted hazelnuts.
Nutrition information for Tenderstem® is based on lab analysis of the raw product commissioned by Tenderstem®. Please note, nutrition may vary due to origin, methods of storage and preparation, and freshness.
Nutrition analysis of recipes featured on the Tenderstem® website is calculated by a registered dietitian using McCance and Widdowson's The Composition of Foods, Seventh Edition, but may vary slightly depending on the specific ingredients used. Analyses do not include optional ingredients or suggested accompaniments unless specific amounts are given. If there is a range in the amount of an ingredient, the smaller amount is used. When a recipe lists a choice of ingredients, the first is used.