Tenderstem® with toasted sweet sesame sauce
5 mins preparation
5 mins cooking
Serves 2 (as a side dish)
This Japanese-style Tenderstem® is a quick and easy side dish that makes a delicious accompaniment to chicken or fish.
Recipe created by food blogger, Food to Glow (kelliesfoodtoglow.com)
Nutritional information per serving
- 300g Tenderstem®
- 45g lightly-toasted white sesame seeds
- 2 tbsp brown sugar (light or dark)
- 1.5 tbsp soy sauce or tamari
- 2 tsp toasted sesame oil or warm water, to loosen the sauce
- Salt or sugar, to taste
- 1 tsp lightly-toasted white sesame seeds
- Crunchy fried onion or shallot pieces, optional
- Steam the Tenderstem® for three minutes.
- While the Tenderstem® is steaming, use a pestle and mortar to grind the 45g of toasted sesame seeds to a rough paste. Then add the sugar, soy sauce and sesame oil or water and grind to a nearly smooth sauce. Add a little more sesame oil or water if necessary. Taste, and adjust with salt or sugar if you wish.
- Add the steamed Tenderstem® to a warmed serving bowl and carefully toss through the sauce.
- Sprinkle over the reserved sesame seeds and crunchy onions. Serve warm.
Nutrition information for Tenderstem® is based on lab analysis of the raw product commissioned by Tenderstem®. Please note, nutrition may vary due to origin, methods of storage and preparation, and freshness.
Nutrition analysis of recipes featured on the Tenderstem® website is calculated by a registered dietitian using McCance and Widdowson's The Composition of Foods, Seventh Edition, but may vary slightly depending on the specific ingredients used. Analyses do not include optional ingredients or suggested accompaniments unless specific amounts are given. If there is a range in the amount of an ingredient, the smaller amount is used. When a recipe lists a choice of ingredients, the first is used.