Tenderstem® & Mushrooms with creamy pink peppercorn sauce
7 mins preparation
7 mins cooking
The Date Night survey, recently carried out by Tenderstem®, revealed that Brits still enjoy their meat and two veg for a special meal together.
With 42% of people saying they would choose a juicy steak dinner for a date night meal, here’s a great accompaniment if you’re whipping up a special meal for your other half.
What’s more, with 40% of people regularly missing getting their 5 a day, this recipe includes 2 portions of vegetables to get you well on your way.
- 1tbsp olive oil or knob butter
- 250g mixed sliced chestnut
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 200g Tenderstem®, halved
- 2tsp pink peppercorns, roughly crushed
- 3tbsp dry sherry or vermouth
- 6tbsp double cream
- 2tbsp flat leaf parsley, chopped
- Heat oil in a large non-stick frying pan or wok, add mushrooms and cook over a medium-high heat for 5 mins until deep golden
- Add garlic, Tenderstem® and peppercorns, stir-fry for 3 mins before adding the sherry. Cook for 1 minute until sherry has evaporated. Add cream and bubble for 1 min until thickened. Stir through the parsley and serve.
Each serving of sauce (not including steak) contains:
• 2 of your 5 a day
• 456 calories
• 30g fat
• 14.5g saturated fat
• 23g carbohydrates
• 4g sugars
• 9g fibre
• 15.5g protein
• Trace salt
Nutrition information for Tenderstem® is based on lab analysis of the raw product commissioned by Tenderstem®. Please note, nutrition may vary due to origin, methods of storage and preparation, and freshness.
Nutrition analysis of recipes featured on the Tenderstem® website is calculated by a registered dietitian using McCance and Widdowson's The Composition of Foods, Seventh Edition, but may vary slightly depending on the specific ingredients used. Analyses do not include optional ingredients or suggested accompaniments unless specific amounts are given. If there is a range in the amount of an ingredient, the smaller amount is used. When a recipe lists a choice of ingredients, the first is used.