Tenderstem® sweetcorn fritters
10 minutes preparation
20 minutes cooking
A firm family favourite to start the day, these Tenderstem® sweetcorn fritters are guaranteed to get your day off to a delicious start!
Credit to Donal Skehan for the recipe
- 200g Tenderstem®
- 270g fresh cherry tomatoes on the vine
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 150g plain flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 125ml whole milk
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 350g sweetcorn kernels (from approximately 3 corn cobs)
- 4 spring onions, finely sliced
- Small bunch of fresh coriander, chopped
- Freshly ground pepper
- 90g smoked pancetta slices
- Preheat the oven to 180C/160C fan/Gas 4
- Put the Tenderstem® and the tomatoes on the vine on an ovenproof tray, in a single layer. Drizzle over 2 tablespoons of olive oil, season with salt and pepper and place in the oven for 10 minutes.
- Place the flour, baking powder, salt, ground coriander, ground cumin and paprika in a bowl and stir to combine.
- Whisk in the milk, beaten egg and lemon juice. Add the sweetcorn kernels, spring onions and chopped fresh coriander and mix until just combined.
- Place a large frying pan over a medium heat, adding the rest of the olive oil. Add 4 tablespoon size dollops of the sweetcorn batter to the pan and fry for 2-3 minutes either side until golden. Keep the cooked fritters warm on an ovenproof plate in the oven while you cook the next batch.
- At the same time gently fry the pancetta slices in a small frying pan, adding a little olive oil if necessary until crispy.
- To serve, divide the fritters between four plates and top with the roasted Tenderstem®, cherry tomatoes and crispy pancetta.
Nutrition information for Tenderstem® is based on lab analysis of the raw product commissioned by Tenderstem®. Please note, nutrition may vary due to origin, methods of storage and preparation, and freshness.
Nutrition analysis of recipes featured on the Tenderstem® website is calculated by a registered dietitian using McCance and Widdowson's The Composition of Foods, Seventh Edition, but may vary slightly depending on the specific ingredients used. Analyses do not include optional ingredients or suggested accompaniments unless specific amounts are given. If there is a range in the amount of an ingredient, the smaller amount is used. When a recipe lists a choice of ingredients, the first is used.