Sautéed balsamic Tenderstem® & mushrooms
5 mins preparation
10 mins cooking
Serves 2 (as a side dish)
A great dish to eat your way to five-a-day, this delicious side combines mushroom and Tenderstem® in a delicious balsamic dressing. A great accompaniment to meat or fish, this side is ready in less than 20 minutes.
Recipe created by food blogger, Wallflower Kitchen (www.wallflowerkitchen.com)
Nutritional information per serving
- 200g Tenderstem®
- 200g chestnut mushrooms, sliced
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil (such as olive oil or coconut oil)
For the balsamic sauce:
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- In a small bowl, mix together all the sauce ingredients. Taste and adjust, if needed. Set aside.
- Add the oil to a large sauté pan (with a lid but leave it off for now) on a medium-high heat.
- Add the sliced mushrooms and cook for 5 minutes, shaking or stirring them every now and then.
- Add in the sauce and stir to coat the mushrooms. Add the Tenderstem®, put on the lid and cook for 5 minutes. Serve.
Nutrition information for Tenderstem® is based on lab analysis of the raw product commissioned by Tenderstem®. Please note, nutrition may vary due to origin, methods of storage and preparation, and freshness.
Nutrition analysis of recipes featured on the Tenderstem® website is calculated by a registered dietitian using McCance and Widdowson's The Composition of Foods, Seventh Edition, but may vary slightly depending on the specific ingredients used. Analyses do not include optional ingredients or suggested accompaniments unless specific amounts are given. If there is a range in the amount of an ingredient, the smaller amount is used. When a recipe lists a choice of ingredients, the first is used.