Tenderstem® couscous pancakes
30 minutes preparation
10 minutes cooking
Try a new twist on classic pancakes with this flour-free recipe, with creamy feta, a hint of chilli and Tenderstem® to add a dose of green goodness.
- Tenderstem® 150g
- 50g Raw couscous
- 80g Crumbled feta
- 1 Clove finely chopped garlic
- 3 Sprigs finely chopped mint
- 3 Sprigs finely chopped parsley
- 2 Pinches dried chilli flakes
- 3 Eggs, whisked
- 2 tbsp Plain yoghurt to serve (optional)
- Blanch the Tenderstem® in boiling salted water until bright green, drain and leave to cool. Once cooled blend in a food processor until finely chopped.
- Measure the couscous into a bowl and cover with 60ml of boiling water, which should just cover the couscous. Cover with cling film for 5 minutes until completely absorbed. Once cooked run a fork through the couscous to fluff it up.
- Add the chopped Tenderstem®, feta, garlic, mint, parsley, chilli, eggs, salt and pepper to the couscous and mix thoroughly.
- Heat a non-stick frying pan on a medium heat with some olive oil and spoon 1 and half tablespoons of the mix into the pan.
- Fry until golden brown on both sides.
- Serve with a sprinkle of feta and a couple of pieces of steamed Tenderstem® on top, or add a dollop of yoghurt.
Nutrition information for Tenderstem® is based on lab analysis of the raw product commissioned by Tenderstem®. Please note, nutrition may vary due to origin, methods of storage and preparation, and freshness.
Nutrition analysis of recipes featured on the Tenderstem® website is calculated by a registered dietitian using McCance and Widdowson's The Composition of Foods, Seventh Edition, but may vary slightly depending on the specific ingredients used. Analyses do not include optional ingredients or suggested accompaniments unless specific amounts are given. If there is a range in the amount of an ingredient, the smaller amount is used. When a recipe lists a choice of ingredients, the first is used.