Tenderstem® & Salmon Parcels with Spicy Moroccan Butter Sauce
8 minutes preparation
12 minutes cooking
A sensational North African meal. Easier to make than you’d think but just as good to eat as you’d think.
This is the simplest form of steaming and a good way to cook vegetables and fish keeping in all the flavour and nutrients. When you make a parcel, the white wine turns to steam and cooks the Tenderstem® and salmon to perfection in a delicious scented vapour.
- 325g Tenderstem® blanched, refreshed and drained
- 4 x 125g, boneless, skinless salmon fillets
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- Black pepper
- 1 orange, juice only
- 4 slices Parma ham
- 285ml white wine
- 1tbsp white wine vinegar
- 1-2tsp harissa paste
- 90ml double cream
- 55g unsalted butter, chilled and diced
- 4 x 36cm squares of baking paper or foil
- Pre heat the oven to 200C/400F/Gas mark 6/190C fan oven
- Divide the Tenderstem® stems and place on one half of the paper/foil squares. Season with freshly ground black pepper and scatter over the shallots.
- Squeeze a little orange juice over the salmon fillets and season well. Wrap each salmon fillet in a slice of Parma ham and place on top of the Tenderstem®. Drizzle each with a tablespoon of white wine.
- Fold the other half of the paper/foil over the fish and twist the edges together to form a seal.
- Transfer to a baking tray and place in the oven for 12-14 minutes until the fish and Tenderstem® are just cooked through.
- Meanwhile make the chilli butter sauce. In a small pan pour in the remaining white wine, vinegar and bring to the boil, simmer until the liquid has reduced by half. Add the harissa paste and cream and reduce a little further.
- Turn down the heat and gently whisk in the chilled butter. Season with salt, pepper and a squeeze of orange juice.
- Place each pack on its own serving plate, take to the table to open and eat! Serve with a good drizzle of spicy butter sauce.
Nutrition information for Tenderstem® is based on lab analysis of the raw product commissioned by Tenderstem®. Please note, nutrition may vary due to origin, methods of storage and preparation, and freshness.
Nutrition analysis of recipes featured on the Tenderstem® website is calculated by a registered dietitian using McCance and Widdowson's The Composition of Foods, Seventh Edition, but may vary slightly depending on the specific ingredients used. Analyses do not include optional ingredients or suggested accompaniments unless specific amounts are given. If there is a range in the amount of an ingredient, the smaller amount is used. When a recipe lists a choice of ingredients, the first is used.