Chinese Beef & Tenderstem® Broccoli Stir Fry
This one-pan wonder is quick, easy and delicious, making it the perfect mid-week meal. Frozen Tenderstem® is an ultra-convenient way to add colour and texture to this Oriental-inspired stir fry.
Recipe created by food blogger, The Slimming Foodie www.theslimmingfoodie.com
20 mins preparation
20 mins cooking
- 135g frozen Tenderstem® (half a pack)
- 230g (approx.) rump steak, sliced very thinly
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tsp. cornflour
- 2 cm (approx.) chunk ginger, very finely chopped (or grated)
- 1 tbsp. Shaoxing rice wine
- 1 tsp. sugar
- 2 tbsp. oyster sauce
- 1 tsp. dark soy sauce
- 1 mild red chilli (to garnish)
- Spray oil or low-calorie cooking spray
In a bowl, mix the beef with the garlic, cornflour and 1 tablespoon of water, and leave to marinate for 10 minutes.
Spray a non-stick frying pan with spray oil or low-calorie cooking spray, and place on a medium heat. Add the frozen Tenderstem® and stir-fry for 1 minute. Add the ginger, rice wine and sugar and stir-fry for 1 more minute. Transfer to a plate.
Spray the pan again with oil/cooking spray, bring up to a high heat and add the beef. Stir fry for 45 seconds and then stir in the oyster sauce. Add the Tenderstem® back into the pan, add the soy sauce and stir-fry all together for 30 seconds.
Serve with basmati rice, garnished with sliced red chilli.