Tenderstem®, Bacon & Egg Brunch Salad
2 minutes preparation
6 - 8 minutes cooking
A lovely surprise for the late risers among us to wake up to. Brunch with bells on.
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 100g smoked lardons
- 1/2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 2 tsp white wine vinegar
- olive oil 4 tsp
- either 2 hen or 2 quail eggs
- 200g Tenderstem®
- A handful of salad leaves
- Parmesan shavings
- Salt and pepper
- Put a pan of water on to boil. Get a non-stick frying pan over a medium-high heat and add a drop of olive oil.
- Add the lardons and fry for 5-7 minutes, stirring occasionally, until crisp.
- Meanwhile, make the dressing by whisking together the mustard, vinegar, and olive oil with a pinch of salt and pepper. Set aside.
- To the pan of now boiling water, carefully drop in the eggs and boil for 4 minutes. Remove with a slotted spoon and put in a bowl of cold water.
- Add a pinch of salt to the same pan and simmer the Tenderstem® for 2 minutes until tender. Meanwhile carefully peel the eggs.
- Drain the Tenderstem® well and arrange on a plate. Scatter over the lardons, and top with quail eggs, artfully cutting in half if you like. Finish with salad leaves, parmesan, and the dressing.
Nutrition information for Tenderstem® is based on lab analysis of the raw product commissioned by Tenderstem®. Please note, nutrition may vary due to origin, methods of storage and preparation, and freshness.
Nutrition analysis of recipes featured on the Tenderstem® website is calculated by a registered dietitian using McCance and Widdowson's The Composition of Foods, Seventh Edition, but may vary slightly depending on the specific ingredients used. Analyses do not include optional ingredients or suggested accompaniments unless specific amounts are given. If there is a range in the amount of an ingredient, the smaller amount is used. When a recipe lists a choice of ingredients, the first is used.