Tenderstem® superfood salad
10 mins preparation
20 mins cooking
- 2 Sweet potatoes, cut into cubes
- 2 tbsp Rapeseed oil
- 1 Tin of cooked chickpeas, drained and patted dry with kitchen paper
- 1 Garlic clove, sliced lengthways
- 3 tbsp Capers, drained
- 1 tbsp Cumin
- 4 Tenderstem® stems, finely chopped and head roughly chopped
- Handful of sunflower seeds
- 1 Carrot, peeled and grated
- 1 Cooked beetroot, grated
- 1 Lemon
- 1 Dollop plain yoghurt
Preheat the oven to 180c, gas mark 4
Toss the cubed sweet potatoes with 1 tbsp of rapeseed oil and salt and add to a non stick baking tray and roast for 20mins while you make the rest of the salad.
Add 2 tbsps of rapeseed oil to a large non-stick pan and heat onto a high setting. Once hot add the drained chickpeas and drained capers to the pan, be careful as it might spit if there is any excess liquid that hasn’t been drained. Fry for a few minute to make golden brown and crispy. Once browned turn down the heat and add the cumin, Tenderstem®, sunflower seeds, garlic and cook for about a minute until the Tenderstem® is cooked through. Add a squeeze of lemon over the whole lot, then leave to cool on a plate.
Remove the sweet potato and leave to cool.
Once everything is cool, add the grated carrots, grated beetroot and cooked sweet potato and mix. Leave in the fridge in the Fresh Box to take for lunch the next day. Will keep for up to 3 days.