Tenderstem®, Horseradish, Pink Lady® Apple & Toasted Hazelnut Salad
5 minutes preparation
1 minute cooking
A super summery collision of flavours in this light salad: sweet, savoury and sharp.
- 50g natural yoghurt (Yeo Valley is best)
- 25g creamed horseradish sauce
- 1 tbsp rapeseed oil
- 20g toasted hazelnuts
- 1 Pink Lady® apple
- 16 stems Tenderstem®
- 1 tsp rapeseed oil
- A pinch of sea salt
- 100g watercress
- Place the yoghurt, horseradish sauce and 1 tbls of rapeseed oil in a bowl and whisk to combine.
- Crush the hazelnuts into chunks and set aside.
- Core the Pink Lady® apple and slice thinly.
- Heat 1 tsp of rapeseed oil in a medium sauce pan until very hot and then add the Tenderstem®. Immediately cover with a lid and shake it well to turn over the florets.
- Cook on full heat for 30 seconds and then shake again.
- Cook for a further 30 seconds and remove from the heat. The Tenderstem® should have crisp, golden brown bits and be vibrant green. The texture should be al dente.
- Sprinkle with a pinch of sea salt and toss one more time.
- Place a pile of watercress on each plate, lay the Tenderstem® over the top and sprinkle the apple and hazelnuts over the top. Dress generously with the horseradish, yoghurt sauce and serve whilst still hot.
Nutrition information for Tenderstem® is based on lab analysis of the raw product commissioned by Tenderstem®. Please note, nutrition may vary due to origin, methods of storage and preparation, and freshness.
Nutrition analysis of recipes featured on the Tenderstem® website is calculated by a registered dietitian using McCance and Widdowson's The Composition of Foods, Seventh Edition, but may vary slightly depending on the specific ingredients used. Analyses do not include optional ingredients or suggested accompaniments unless specific amounts are given. If there is a range in the amount of an ingredient, the smaller amount is used. When a recipe lists a choice of ingredients, the first is used.