Tenderstem® & Crispy Proscuitto with a Creamy Shallot & Caper Dressing
5 minutes preparation
5 minutes cooking
Serves 4 - 6
This takes no more than ten minutes to whip up and it’s ever so tasty and the colours on the plate make it such a pleasure to behold.
For the dressing
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp sherry vinegar
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp clear honey
- 1 tbsp crème fraise
- 2 shallots, very finely chopped
- 1 tbsp capers, roughly chopped
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
For the Tenderstem®
- 400g Tenderstem®
- 12 slices prosciutto
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat the grill to hot.
- Make the dressing by whisking all the ingredients together in a small bowl. Season to taste with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Set aside.
- Plunge the Tenderstem® into boiling water and blanch for 4-5 minutes until it is tender but with a little ‘bite’. Drain well and divide between individual heatproof dishes, or arrange in a large baking dish.
- Lay the slices of prosciutto over the Tenderstem®, ribboning and folding it a little so it looks pretty and a little rustic. Slide under the hot grill and cook for 2-3 minutes until the prosciutto starts to turn crispy.
- Drizzle over the dressing and eat immediately, served with warm bread to soak up the juices.
Nutrition information for Tenderstem® is based on lab analysis of the raw product commissioned by Tenderstem®. Please note, nutrition may vary due to origin, methods of storage and preparation, and freshness.
Nutrition analysis of recipes featured on the Tenderstem® website is calculated by a registered dietitian using McCance and Widdowson's The Composition of Foods, Seventh Edition, but may vary slightly depending on the specific ingredients used. Analyses do not include optional ingredients or suggested accompaniments unless specific amounts are given. If there is a range in the amount of an ingredient, the smaller amount is used. When a recipe lists a choice of ingredients, the first is used.