Lemon ricotta bruschetta with Tenderstem® & heirloom tomatoes
15 minutes preparation
5 minutes cooking
Griddled sourdough bread topped with ricotta, tomatoes, capers, fresh mint and Tenderstem® broccoli makes a perfect springtime lunch.
- 300g Tenderstem® broccoli
- 4 thick slices sourdough bread
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 tbsp fruity olive oil
- 200g ricotta
- Zest and juice 1 lemon
- 250g heirloom or Heritage tomatoes, roughly chopped
- 2 tbsp capers
- Small handful fresh mint, roughly chopped
- Griddle the Tenderstem® until just cooked, about 3-4 minutes. Grill or toast the sourdough bread then rub with the garlic cloves while still warm so the garlic melts into the bread. Place on a serving dish and drizzle with the olive oil.
- In a small bowl, mix the ricotta with most of the lemon zest and the juice. Season to taste then spread the mixture evenly over the slices of bread and top with the tomatoes. Arrange the Tenderstem® over the bruschetta then sprinkle over the capers. Finish with some mint and a little extra lemon zest. Serve straight away.
Nutrition information for Tenderstem® is based on lab analysis of the raw product commissioned by Tenderstem®. Please note, nutrition may vary due to origin, methods of storage and preparation, and freshness.
Nutrition analysis of recipes featured on the Tenderstem® website is calculated by a registered dietitian using McCance and Widdowson's The Composition of Foods, Seventh Edition, but may vary slightly depending on the specific ingredients used. Analyses do not include optional ingredients or suggested accompaniments unless specific amounts are given. If there is a range in the amount of an ingredient, the smaller amount is used. When a recipe lists a choice of ingredients, the first is used.