Barbequed Tenderstem®, Melted Goats Cheese & Sun-Dried Tomato Dressing
2 minutes preparation
5-8 minutes cooking
Quick to whip up and sure to disappear just as quickly once it is on the table!
Don’t just save the barbecue for burgers and sausages – this exceptionally flavoursome recipe is a brilliant (barbecued) starter or side dish. You could even serve it as a main dish for vegetarians.
- 200g Tenderstem®
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 3-4 sun-dried tomatoes in oil
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp balsamic vinegar
- 100g soft mild goat's cheese
- 50g pine nuts, lightly toasted
- Toss the Tenderstem® in the 1 tbsp of olive oil and keep to one side while you make the dressing. Finely chop the sun-dried tomatoes and place in a small bowl with the extra virgin olive oil and balsamic vinegar. Season with salt and pepper and mix well.
- Place the Tenderstem® on your barbecue and cook for about 5-8 minutes, turning regularly until it is becoming tender with grill lines on the stems.
- Place the barbecued Tenderstem® on a serving plate and immediately crumble over the goat’s cheese so it starts to melt just slightly from the heat of the Tenderstem®.
- Spoon over the dressing, scatter with the pine nuts and serve straight away.
Nutrition information for Tenderstem® is based on lab analysis of the raw product commissioned by Tenderstem®. Please note, nutrition may vary due to origin, methods of storage and preparation, and freshness.
Nutrition analysis of recipes featured on the Tenderstem® website is calculated by a registered dietitian using McCance and Widdowson's The Composition of Foods, Seventh Edition, but may vary slightly depending on the specific ingredients used. Analyses do not include optional ingredients or suggested accompaniments unless specific amounts are given. If there is a range in the amount of an ingredient, the smaller amount is used. When a recipe lists a choice of ingredients, the first is used.