Warm Salad of Tenderstem® and Chickpeas
A warm salad, yes, but one that is full of summery flavours and ideal for a picnic.
Under 10 minutes cooking
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 clove garlic, thinly sliced
- 1-2 small red chillies, finely chopped
- 200g chickpeas boiled/canned
- 200g Tenderstem® cut into whole florets and slice the stems cut into diagonal spears
- 1 medium red onion, thickly sliced
- 1 medium red pepper, cut into julienne
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- Sea salt and black pepper
- A handful of chopped coriander
Heat oil in a non-stick wok, sauté cumin seeds and garlic to translucent.
Add red chilli and Tenderstem® and sauté for a minute.
Add chickpeas, onion and red peppers. Sauté for 30 seconds and remove from heat.
Add lime juice and correct the seasoning with salt and pepper. Toss through the coriander and serve immediately.