Warm Salad of Tenderstem® & Chickpeas
Under 10 minutes cooking
A warm salad, yes, but one that is full of summery flavours and ideal for a picnic.
Nutritional information per serving
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 clove garlic, thinly sliced
- 1-2 small red chillies, finely chopped
- 200g chickpeas boiled/canned
- 200g Tenderstem® cut into whole florets and slice the stems cut into diagonal spears
- 1 medium red onion, thickly sliced
- 1 medium red pepper, cut into julienne
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- Sea salt and black pepper
- A handful of chopped coriander
- Heat oil in a non-stick wok, sauté cumin seeds and garlic to translucent.
- Add red chilli and Tenderstem® and sauté for a minute.
- Add chickpeas, onion and red peppers. Sauté for 30 seconds and remove from heat.
- Add lime juice and correct the seasoning with salt and pepper. Toss through the coriander and serve immediately.
Nutrition information for Tenderstem® is based on lab analysis of the raw product commissioned by Tenderstem®. Please note, nutrition may vary due to origin, methods of storage and preparation, and freshness.
Nutrition analysis of recipes featured on the Tenderstem® website is calculated by a registered dietitian using McCance and Widdowson's The Composition of Foods, Seventh Edition, but may vary slightly depending on the specific ingredients used. Analyses do not include optional ingredients or suggested accompaniments unless specific amounts are given. If there is a range in the amount of an ingredient, the smaller amount is used. When a recipe lists a choice of ingredients, the first is used.