Tenderstem®, Beetroot & Toasted Seed Salad with Lemon Dressing
A salad that is packed with nutrients as well as flavour. It’s all you could ask for in a salad, basically…
5 minutes cooking
- 200g Tenderstem®, stems cut in half
- 80g mixed seeds (e.g. sunflower, pumpkin, sesame)
- 1 tbsp dark soy sauce
- 250g cooked beetroot, cut into wedges
- Small bunch fresh chives, snipped
For the dressing
- 2 tbsp cold pressed rapeseed oil (we used Hill Farm Oil)
- Juice ½-1 lemon, to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper and sea salt, to taste
Make the dressing by whisking together the rapeseed oil and lemon juice to taste. Season with freshly ground black pepper and sea salt. Set aside.
Steam or boil the Tenderstem® for 3 to 4 minutes until just tender but with a little bite.
While the Tenderstem® is cooking toast the seeds by tipping them into a small frying pan. Add the soy sauce and cook over a medium heat, tossing regularly to coat all over, for about 3 minutes until the seeds are crisp and golden. Take care not to burn them or they will taste bitter.
Arrange the cooked Tenderstem® and beetroot wedges on a plate, drizzle over the dressing and sprinkle over the toasted seeds and chives. Serve immediately.