Tenderstem®, Beetroot & Toasted Seed Salad with Lemon Dressing
5 minutes cooking
A salad that is packed with nutrients as well as flavour. It’s all you could ask for in a salad, basically…
- 200g Tenderstem®, stems cut in half
- 80g mixed seeds (e.g. sunflower, pumpkin, sesame)
- 1 tbsp dark soy sauce
- 250g cooked beetroot, cut into wedges
- Small bunch fresh chives, snipped
For the dressing
- 2 tbsp cold pressed rapeseed oil (we used Hill Farm Oil)
- Juice ½-1 lemon, to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper and sea salt, to taste
- Make the dressing by whisking together the rapeseed oil and lemon juice to taste. Season with freshly ground black pepper and sea salt. Set aside.
- Steam or boil the Tenderstem® for 3 to 4 minutes until just tender but with a little bite.
- While the Tenderstem® is cooking toast the seeds by tipping them into a small frying pan. Add the soy sauce and cook over a medium heat, tossing regularly to coat all over, for about 3 minutes until the seeds are crisp and golden. Take care not to burn them or they will taste bitter.
- Arrange the cooked Tenderstem® and beetroot wedges on a plate, drizzle over the dressing and sprinkle over the toasted seeds and chives. Serve immediately.
Nutrition information for Tenderstem® is based on lab analysis of the raw product commissioned by Tenderstem®. Please note, nutrition may vary due to origin, methods of storage and preparation, and freshness.
Nutrition analysis of recipes featured on the Tenderstem® website is calculated by a registered dietitian using McCance and Widdowson's The Composition of Foods, Seventh Edition, but may vary slightly depending on the specific ingredients used. Analyses do not include optional ingredients or suggested accompaniments unless specific amounts are given. If there is a range in the amount of an ingredient, the smaller amount is used. When a recipe lists a choice of ingredients, the first is used.