Tenderstem® & tofu miso broth
10 mins preparation
15 mins cooking
Serves 2 (as a side dish)
This dish is the perfect way to add warmth to any meal. The flavoursome broth is full of punchy oriental flavours and topped off with delicious, crunchy Tenderstem®. Serve alongside your favourite Asian main for a side-dish to impress!
Recipe created by food blogger, Avant-Garde Vegan www.avantgardevegan.com
- 200g Tenderstem®
- 120g shiitake mushrooms, sliced
- 1 tbsp miso paste
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- Handful pak choi leaves
- 2 tbsp light soy sauce
- 1 tbsp rice wine vinegar
- 1ltr vegetable stock, hot
- 1/2 block firm tofu, cut into 1cm cubes
- 2 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 medium, red chilli, de-seeded and cut small
- 2 tbsp ginger, minced
- 1 red chilli, sliced
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds
- 3 spring onions, sliced thinly on an angle
- fresh coriander
- Pre-heat a griddle pan over a high heat and add a touch of oil. Grill the Tenderstem® until charred - this should take around 2 minutes. Remove Tenderstem® from the pan.
- Pre-heat a large wok or saucepan over a high heat. Add the sesame oil. Wait for the pan to get very hot. When the pan is almost smoking throw in the minced ginger and chilli. Sauté for 1 minute before adding the tofu and shiitake mushrooms.
- Toss and stir the mixture whilst cooking for a further 2 minutes.
- Cook on the high heat for 30 more seconds.
- Turn the heat down low and add the vegetable stock, soy sauce, miso, rice wine vinegar and maple syrup. Let the soup simmer away for 5 minutes.
- Just before removing the saucepan or wok from the heat, throw in the pak choi and grilled Tenderstem®. Once the pak choi is slightly wilted, remove the pan from the heat.
- Serve the soup straight away, topped with chilli, spring onion, sesame seeds and fresh coriander.
Nutrition information for Tenderstem® is based on lab analysis of the raw product commissioned by Tenderstem®. Please note, nutrition may vary due to origin, methods of storage and preparation, and freshness.
Nutrition analysis of recipes featured on the Tenderstem® website is calculated by a registered dietitian using McCance and Widdowson's The Composition of Foods, Seventh Edition, but may vary slightly depending on the specific ingredients used. Analyses do not include optional ingredients or suggested accompaniments unless specific amounts are given. If there is a range in the amount of an ingredient, the smaller amount is used. When a recipe lists a choice of ingredients, the first is used.