Smoky Three Cheese Polenta with Sautéed Tenderstem®, Chorizo Crumbs & Parsley
10 minutes preparation
10 minutes cooking
Tenderstem® has teamed up with food blog “Always so Hungry” to create this irresistible recipe - the perfect starter to impress on a date night.
- 300g Tenderstem®
- 1 1/2 tbsp Extra virgin olive oil
- 50g Chorizo, finely chopped or blitzed in a food processor
- 40g Fresh breadcrumbs
- 200g Instant polenta
- 50g Smoked cheese, grated
- 30g Grated mozzarella
- 30g Parmesan, grated
- 1tsp Chipotle paste, optional
- 1 Garlic clove, thinly sliced
- 1 Small bunch fresh parsley, roughly chopped
- Bring a large pan of salted water to the boil. Add the Tenderstem® and simmer until just cooked through, with a little bite, about 5-7 minutes. Drain and run under cold water to stop the Tenderstem® cooking and set the colour and texture.
- Heat 1/2 tbsp of olive oil in a frying pan and add the chorizo. Fry until golden then remove to drain on kitchen paper, keeping the fragrant oil in the pan. Add the breadcrumbs and fry in the oil until crispy - about 3 minutes. Combine with the cooked chorizo.
- Fill a large saucepan with 1 litre of cold water and a pinch of salt. Bring to a simmer then slowly pour in the polenta. Lower the heat immediately and stir continuously until cooked, about 5-7 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and add all of the cheese, stirring until completely dissolved. If you’d like extra smoky flavour, add up to 1 tsp of chipotle paste.
- In a large frying pan, heat 1 tbsp of oil and add the tender stem and garlic slices. Sauté until heated through and the garlic is crispy.
- To serve, reheat the polenta and divide between four plates. Top with the Tenderstem® and sprinkle with chorizo crumbs and chopped parsley.
Recipe devised by Always So Hungry blog for Tenderstem®.
Nutrition information for Tenderstem® is based on lab analysis of the raw product commissioned by Tenderstem®. Please note, nutrition may vary due to origin, methods of storage and preparation, and freshness.
Nutrition analysis of recipes featured on the Tenderstem® website is calculated by a registered dietitian using McCance and Widdowson's The Composition of Foods, Seventh Edition, but may vary slightly depending on the specific ingredients used. Analyses do not include optional ingredients or suggested accompaniments unless specific amounts are given. If there is a range in the amount of an ingredient, the smaller amount is used. When a recipe lists a choice of ingredients, the first is used.