Savoury Tenderstem® custards with cheese & basil
10 minutes preparation
15 minutes cooking
Tenderstem® has teamed up with food blog “Delicious From Scratch” to create this irresistible recipe - the perfect dish to impress on a date night.
- 220g Tenderstem®
- 1 Tablespoon butter
- 2 Eggs
- 3 Egg yolks
- 250g Double cream
- 250g Milk
- Large handful of fresh basil leaves
- ½ Teaspoon salt, or to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 80g Cheese of your choice, grated
- Sautée the Tenderstem® in a frying pan with the butter.
- Line the bottom of a large oven-proof dish (about 30cm round/square) with the Tenderstem®.
- Blend all other ingredients except the cheese with a hand blender.
- Sprinkle the cheese over the Tenderstem® and pour over the custard. Carefully transfer to the oven and bake, turning regularly so it bakes evenly, until the centre is just set - it should still have plenty of jiggle when you shake it gently - as it will firm up further as it cools.
Recipe devised by Delicious From Scratch for Tenderstem®.
Nutrition information for Tenderstem® is based on lab analysis of the raw product commissioned by Tenderstem®. Please note, nutrition may vary due to origin, methods of storage and preparation, and freshness.
Nutrition analysis of recipes featured on the Tenderstem® website is calculated by a registered dietitian using McCance and Widdowson's The Composition of Foods, Seventh Edition, but may vary slightly depending on the specific ingredients used. Analyses do not include optional ingredients or suggested accompaniments unless specific amounts are given. If there is a range in the amount of an ingredient, the smaller amount is used. When a recipe lists a choice of ingredients, the first is used.