Quinoa Salad with Feta, Tenderstem® & Pomegranate
5 minutes preparation
20 minutes cooking
The glistening little pomegranate jewels just kick out so nicely against the dark green of the Tenderstem®. Their flavour does the same thing – a great pop of sweetness over Tenderstem®’s savoury nuttiness.
Nutritional information per serving
- 300g Quinoa
- 200g Tenderstem®
- 200g feta cheese, crumbled
- 1 large handful of pumpkin seeds
- Seeds from 1 pomegranate
- 1 large handful of mint leaves, roughly chopped
- 3-4 ripe tomatoes, deseeded and copped
- 1 bunch of spring onions
- 3tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tbsp lemon juice
- Cook the quinoa according to the packet instructions. Leave to cool in a large mixing bowl.
- Meanwhile, the Tenderstem® can be cut into small bite-size pieces and either lightly steamed or boiled, until just tender (4-5 minutes will be about right) and also left to cool.
- Heat a small frying pan and lightly toast the pumpkin seeds until they are slightly crunchy. Remove from the pan and leave to cool.
- Once the quinoa and Tenderstem® are cool, stir together along with the feta, pomegranate seeds, herbs, tomato, spring onions, olive oil and lemon juice. Season with a little salt, (the feta cheese will add a salty flavour) and a good twist of black pepper. Toss together until everything is combined and either serve straight away or keep in the fridge.
Nutrition information for Tenderstem® is based on lab analysis of the raw product commissioned by Tenderstem®. Please note, nutrition may vary due to origin, methods of storage and preparation, and freshness.
Nutrition analysis of recipes featured on the Tenderstem® website is calculated by a registered dietitian using McCance and Widdowson's The Composition of Foods, Seventh Edition, but may vary slightly depending on the specific ingredients used. Analyses do not include optional ingredients or suggested accompaniments unless specific amounts are given. If there is a range in the amount of an ingredient, the smaller amount is used. When a recipe lists a choice of ingredients, the first is used.