Middle Eastern Couscous & Tenderstem®
10 minutes cooking
The Tenderstem® is chopped up here, letting you see for yourself just how tasty that stem is!
- 400ml vegetable stock (bouillon powder)
- 200g couscous
- 4 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 heaped tsp read-prepared garlic
- 1 ready prepared choppsed chilli
- 1-2 tsp Baharat seasoning, to taste
- 80g raisons
- 90g ready-toasted pine nuts
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 200g Tenderstem® each stem cut into 3 pieces
- Prepare the stock in a mixing bowl by stirring the bouillon powder in 400ml boiling water. Tip in the couscous, stir well, cover with clingfilm and set aside for 10 minutes.
- In a separate bowl, stir together the olive oil, garlic, chilli and Baharat seasoning. Add the raisins and pine nuts, mix thoroughly. Season to taste with salt and freshly ground black pepper and set aside.
- Steam the Tenderstem® for 5 minutes until soft but with a little bite.
- Tip the cooked Tenderstem® into the couscous, pour over the dressing and mix together.
- Serve immediately whilst still warm, or pack into tubs and chill in the fridge for a super healthy packed lunch.
Nutrition information for Tenderstem® is based on lab analysis of the raw product commissioned by Tenderstem®. Please note, nutrition may vary due to origin, methods of storage and preparation, and freshness.
Nutrition analysis of recipes featured on the Tenderstem® website is calculated by a registered dietitian using McCance and Widdowson's The Composition of Foods, Seventh Edition, but may vary slightly depending on the specific ingredients used. Analyses do not include optional ingredients or suggested accompaniments unless specific amounts are given. If there is a range in the amount of an ingredient, the smaller amount is used. When a recipe lists a choice of ingredients, the first is used.