Middle Eastern Couscous & Tenderstem®
The Tenderstem® is chopped up here, letting you see for yourself just how tasty that stem is!
10 minutes cooking
- 400ml vegetable stock (bouillon powder)
- 200g couscous
- 4 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 heaped tsp read-prepared garlic
- 1 ready prepared choppsed chilli
- 1-2 tsp Baharat seasoning, to taste
- 80g raisons
- 90g ready-toasted pine nuts
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 200g Tenderstem® each stem cut into 3 pieces
Prepare the stock in a mixing bowl by stirring the bouillon powder in 400ml boiling water. Tip in the couscous, stir well, cover with clingfilm and set aside for 10 minutes.
In a separate bowl, stir together the olive oil, garlic, chilli and Baharat seasoning. Add the raisins and pine nuts, mix thoroughly. Season to taste with salt and freshly ground black pepper and set aside.
Steam the Tenderstem® for 5 minutes until soft but with a little bite.
Tip the cooked Tenderstem® into the couscous, pour over the dressing and mix together.
Serve immediately whilst still warm, or pack into tubs and chill in the fridge for a super healthy packed lunch.