Indian-Spiced Warm Tenderstem® & Carrot Salad
5 minutes preparation
Under 10 minutes cooking
The wonderfully warm curry spices and flavours here are offset by their surprising appearance in a salad.
- 200g pack Tenderstem®
- 3 medium carrots
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 2 tbs mustard seeds
- 1 heaped tsp garam masala
- 1 heaped tsp ground cumin
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Chopped coriander to serve
- Shave three medium carrots lengthways into long strips using a vegetable peeler.
- Steam or boil the Tenderstem® broccoli for about two minutes until almost tender, then add the carrot strips for a minute.
- Whilst the vegetables are cooking, add 2 tablespoons olive oil to a small frying pan and gently fry two tablespoons of mustard seeds until they start to pop.
- Once they start to pop add a heaped teaspoon each of garam masala and ground cumin. Give it a quick shake to mix then tip into a small clean bowl before the spices start to burn.
- Squeeze over the juice of a lemon and a grind of salt and pepper.
- Pour the dressing over the Tenderstem® and carrots and toss to coat evenly. Sprinkle generously with chopped coriander and serve immediately.
Nutrition information for Tenderstem® is based on lab analysis of the raw product commissioned by Tenderstem®. Please note, nutrition may vary due to origin, methods of storage and preparation, and freshness.
Nutrition analysis of recipes featured on the Tenderstem® website is calculated by a registered dietitian using McCance and Widdowson's The Composition of Foods, Seventh Edition, but may vary slightly depending on the specific ingredients used. Analyses do not include optional ingredients or suggested accompaniments unless specific amounts are given. If there is a range in the amount of an ingredient, the smaller amount is used. When a recipe lists a choice of ingredients, the first is used.