Crab, Tenderstem® Tagliatelle & Lemon, Basil
A light pasta recipe that is ideal for a weekday supper. Not too tricky to make but impressive to serve.
10 minutes cooking
- 200 - 300g tagliatelle
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 200g pack Tenderstem®
- 2 cloves of garlic, finely sliced
- 3 ripe tomatoes, quartered, de-seeded and diced
- 100g white crab meat, fresh or frozen
- Grated zest and juice of ½ lemon
- 1 small bunch of basil leaves, finely sliced
Bring a saucepan of salted water to the boil and cook the tagliatelle until al dente.
Meanwhile, heat 2 tbsp of extra virgin olive oil in a frying pan over a medium heat. Cut the Tenderstem® into small pieces, about 1-2cm long. Add to the pan, along with the garlic, and fry until the Tenderstem® is becoming tender, and colouring slightly on the tips.
Increase the heat and add the diced tomatoes to the pan. Fry for just a minute or so before adding the crab meat, lemon zest and lemon juice.
Toss gently until the crab is heated through. Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper before mixing into the tagliatelle, basil and the remaining 1 tbsp olive oil. Serve straight away.