Tenderstem® with Hazelnut & Orange Butter
10 minutes cooking
Tenderstem® is great on its own, but with a hint of sweet citrus butter sauce, it’s even better!
- 40g blanched hazelnuts
- Zest of 1 small orange
- 70g unsalted butter, softened ( Gluten free as an option)
- Freshly ground black pepper & sea salt to taste
- 400g Tenderstem®
- Toast the hazelnuts in a dry frying pan until they are golden brown and smell deliciously nutty. Take care not to burn them – they will only take a minute or two to cook. Tip into the centre of a clean tea towel and cover. Gently crush with a heavy rolling pin or the base of a saucepan. Don’t over crush – it’s nice to have a few bigger bits in the butter.
- In a small bowl, using the back of a fork, work the hazelnuts and orange zest into the butter. Season to taste with freshly ground black pepper and sea salt. Scrape the butter onto a piece of cling film and roll into a log. Chill for an hour or so to firm up. The butter can be made several days in advance and stored in the fridge.
- When you are ready to eat, steam the Tenderstem® for 3-4 minutes until tender but with a little bite. Drain and tip into a warm serving dish. Dot with slices of the hazelnut and orange butter and serve immediately.
Nutrition information for Tenderstem® is based on lab analysis of the raw product commissioned by Tenderstem®. Please note, nutrition may vary due to origin, methods of storage and preparation, and freshness.
Nutrition analysis of recipes featured on the Tenderstem® website is calculated by a registered dietitian using McCance and Widdowson's The Composition of Foods, Seventh Edition, but may vary slightly depending on the specific ingredients used. Analyses do not include optional ingredients or suggested accompaniments unless specific amounts are given. If there is a range in the amount of an ingredient, the smaller amount is used. When a recipe lists a choice of ingredients, the first is used.