Stir-Fried Chilli & Garlic Tenderstem® with Oriental Seasoning
Under 10 minutes cooking
Easy to put together but far more rewarding than the lack of effort might suggest!
This tasty dish takes under ten minutes to make from scratch, it’s healthy, delicious and a great starter or side dish.
- 1 tbsp wok/stir-fry oil
- 2 cloves of garlic, chopped or crushed 2cm piece of ginger, peeled and finely chopped
- long red chilli, halved, seeded and finely sliced
- 200g Tenderstem® sliced in half
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp rice wine or dry sherry
- 1 tbsp runny honey 1-2 tsp toasted sesame seeds (optional)
- Heat a wok over a high heat and then add the oil. As soon as the oil is smoking, add the chilli, garlic and ginger to the wok. Stir-fry for about 30 seconds and then add the Tenderstem®. Fry for a couple of minutes, moving and tossing around in the pan to cook evenly.
- Add the soy sauce, rice wine or sherry and honey. Continue to stir-fry for a further minute or so until the Tenderstem® is just becoming tender and is coated with the oriental seasoning.
- Serve straight away scattered with sesame seeds, if using.
Nutrition information for Tenderstem® is based on lab analysis of the raw product commissioned by Tenderstem®. Please note, nutrition may vary due to origin, methods of storage and preparation, and freshness.
Nutrition analysis of recipes featured on the Tenderstem® website is calculated by a registered dietitian using McCance and Widdowson's The Composition of Foods, Seventh Edition, but may vary slightly depending on the specific ingredients used. Analyses do not include optional ingredients or suggested accompaniments unless specific amounts are given. If there is a range in the amount of an ingredient, the smaller amount is used. When a recipe lists a choice of ingredients, the first is used.