Tenderstem® with garlic puy lentils, dill & hazelnuts
10 mins preparation
10 mins cooking
Nutritional information per serving
You will need:
- 360g Tenderstem®
- 40g hazelnuts, halved
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, very finely chopped
- 250g pack ready-to-eat puy lentils
- Pinch of sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1-2 tbsp lemon juice
- 20g dill, roughly chopped
- 1 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp half-fat crème fraiche
- Preheat the oven to 180C fan/200C/gas 6. Tip the hazelnuts onto a baking sheet, place in the oven to toast for 6-8 minutes. Take out of the oven once the hazelnuts are a deep golden brown.
- Boil or steam the Tenderstem® for about 7 minutes, until bright green and just tender.
- Heat the olive oil in a saucepan on a low heat and then add the garlic. Stir fry for about 30 seconds, being careful not to let the garlic brown, then add the puy lentils. Stir gently for 4-5 minutes to warm through.
- Season to taste with sea salt, freshly ground black pepper and a squeeze of lemon juice. Then add most of the dill and stir through.
- Place the steamed Tenderstem onto a plate, and dress with the extra virgin olive oil, the remaining lemon juice, and season with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper. Tip the warm puy lentils over, dollop the crème fraiche on top, and then scatter with the hazelnuts and remaining dill. Serve immediately.
Nutrition information for Tenderstem® is based on lab analysis of the raw product commissioned by Tenderstem®. Please note, nutrition may vary due to origin, methods of storage and preparation, and freshness.
Nutrition analysis of recipes featured on the Tenderstem® website is calculated by a registered dietitian using McCance and Widdowson's The Composition of Foods, Seventh Edition, but may vary slightly depending on the specific ingredients used. Analyses do not include optional ingredients or suggested accompaniments unless specific amounts are given. If there is a range in the amount of an ingredient, the smaller amount is used. When a recipe lists a choice of ingredients, the first is used.