Middle Eastern Tenderstem® salad with tahini za’atar dressing
10 mins preparation
5 mins cooking
This super simple side can be ready in minutes, but offers real wow-factor for a special supper. Its combination of sweet and tangy pomegranate seeds, crunchy pine nuts and the sweet and delicate flavour of Tenderstem® is sure to be a hit.
A dressing made with za’atar mix (a Middle Eastern spiced herb blend), garlic, lemon and tahini adds great aromatic flavour to this simple salad.
Recipe created by food blogger, Nadia’s Healthy Kitchen (nadiashealthykitchen.com).
For the salad:
- 400g Tenderstem®
- 200g mixed leaf salad
- 100g pomegranate seeds
- 50g toasted pine nuts
For the dressing:
- 3 tbsp. tahini
- 1 tbsp. soya or coconut yoghurt
- 1 tbsp. lemon juice
- 2 tsp. za’atar mix
- 3 tbsp. water
- 1/2 garlic clove, crushed
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Add the Tenderstem® to a pan of boiling water, lower the heat and simmer for 3-4 minutes. Drain and rinse under cold water for a few seconds.
- Arrange on a plate with the salad leaves, pomegranate seeds and toasted pine nuts
- Mix the dressing ingredients in a bowl, then drizzle a generous amount on the salad before serving.
Nutrition information for Tenderstem® is based on lab analysis of the raw product commissioned by Tenderstem®. Please note, nutrition may vary due to origin, methods of storage and preparation, and freshness.
Nutrition analysis of recipes featured on the Tenderstem® website is calculated by a registered dietitian using McCance and Widdowson's The Composition of Foods, Seventh Edition, but may vary slightly depending on the specific ingredients used. Analyses do not include optional ingredients or suggested accompaniments unless specific amounts are given. If there is a range in the amount of an ingredient, the smaller amount is used. When a recipe lists a choice of ingredients, the first is used.