Tenderstem® Tagliatelli with creamy sausage & fennel seed sauce
5 mins preparation
30 mins cooking
Nutritional information per serving
- 2tsp Oil
- 400g Italian style sausages, cut into bite size chunks
- 1 Onion, very finely sliced
- 1tsp Fennel seeds
- 2 Garlic cloves, crushed
- 400g Tagliatelli
- 500ml Vegetable stock
- 220g Tenderstem® broccoli
- 150g Cream cheese
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan and cook the sausage, gently rolling and turning them until they’re brown on all sides.
- Add the onion to the pan, stir well and continue to cook gently for 3-5 minutes.
- The onion should be softening. Add the garlic and fennel to the pan and cook for another 2-3 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile boil a kettle of water to fill a large saucepan and cook the pasta according to the pack instructions.
- Pour the stock into the frying pan and add the Tenderstem®. Cook for 8 minutes.
- Stir in the cream cheese and mustard until the sauce is smooth. Check that the sausage is cooked through and the Tenderstem® is tender. Taste and adjust the seasoning.
- When the pasta is cooked, drain and return to the pan. Spoon some of the sauce into the pasta and toss well. Divide between 4 plates and top with the sausage, Tenderstem® and remaining sauce.
Nutrition information for Tenderstem® is based on lab analysis of the raw product commissioned by Tenderstem®. Please note, nutrition may vary due to origin, methods of storage and preparation, and freshness.
Nutrition analysis of recipes featured on the Tenderstem® website is calculated by a registered dietitian using McCance and Widdowson's The Composition of Foods, Seventh Edition, but may vary slightly depending on the specific ingredients used. Analyses do not include optional ingredients or suggested accompaniments unless specific amounts are given. If there is a range in the amount of an ingredient, the smaller amount is used. When a recipe lists a choice of ingredients, the first is used.