Very Green Tenderstem® Pasta
This pasta dish is packed with green goodness without lacking on flavour, thanks to a delicious, freshly-made basil pesto. Ready in a few simple steps, this dish makes the perfect week-night supper, and leftovers will make a tasty and hassle-free lunch! Thanks to our winner of the Tenderstem® National Recipe Hunt, Isabel Morgan, for this recipe.
10 mins preparation
10 mins cooking
- 1 pack Tenderstem® - each stem cut into 4
- 200g fusilli pasta
- 2 courgettes (grated or spiralized)
- 2 portobello mushrooms cut into cubes
- 1 cup frozen peas
- Cress to garnish
- 1 handful spinach
- 1 bunch basil leaves
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 small garlic clove
- Zest of lemon
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a blender, add half of the Tenderstem®, garlic, spinach, basil, pine nuts, lemon zest, olive oil, and a pinch of salt and pepper, and blend until smooth.
- Add pasta to a boiling pot of water and cook according to pack instructions. Add the peas to the pasta for the last 2 minutes of cooking.
- Heat a teaspoon of olive oil in a pan. Add the mushrooms and remaining Tenderstem®, fry until the mushrooms are a slight golden colour and the Tenderstem® still has a slight crunch, then add the courgette.
- Once the courgette is cooked through, turn off the heat.
- Once cooked, drain the pasta and peas (leaving a small amount of the cooking liquid to loosen the pesto).
- Stir the pasta, pesto and veg together and top it off with some fresh cress.