Tenderstem® Prawn & Chorizo Jambalaya
If you’re a comforter who loves nothing more than delicious home-cooked food, this Jambalaya is the perfect dish for you. With its rich and warm flavours, this dish will soothe your soul!
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 onion, peeled, halved, thinly sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 large red chilli, halved, sliced
- 5-6 fresh heritage or cherry tomatoes
- 125g cooking chorizo, sliced
- 300g long grain white rice
- Sea salt and black pepper
- 700ml chicken stock
- 200g tinned tomatoes
- 200g king prawns, washed, well drained
- 200g Tenderstem®
- 2 tbsp. fresh coriander or parsley
- A few drops Tabasco sauce, optional
- Place a large, flat, wide pan on a medium heat. Drizzle in the oil. Add the onions to the pan and cook for 5 minutes until they are starting to soften. Lower the heat, add the garlic, red chili and fresh tomatoes to the pan and continue cooking for 5 minutes.
- Add half of the chorizo to the pan (save the rest for later) and fry for 2 minutes, stirring. Tip the rice into the pan and stir well so that it is well coated with all of the juices in the pan. Season with a little salt and pepper.
- Add the chicken stock and tinned tomatoes, stir well and cover with a lid or a piece of tin foil. Cook for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally, replacing the lid.
- Heat a separate frying pan and add the remaining chorizo to the pan. Fry for 2 minutes on each side to release some of the oil. Add the king prawns to the pan and cook until just pink and slightly golden. Switch off and set to one side.
- Trim the Tenderstem® and chop a few of the stalks into thin slices. Stir the rice, adding the Tenderstem® stalks. If the rice looks dry at all, add a small amount of water or stock. Carefully place the rest of the Tenderstem® on top of the rice, to allow it to steam gently. Replace the lid and cook for 5 minutes, just until the Tenderstem® turns a vibrant green colour.
- Just before serving, add the cooked chorizo and prawns to the pan. Check the seasoning. Add a few drops of Tabasco (if you like extra heat) and sprinkle over the coriander.
Nutrition information for Tenderstem® is based on lab analysis of the raw product commissioned by Tenderstem®. Please note, nutrition may vary due to origin, methods of storage and preparation, and freshness.
Nutrition analysis of recipes featured on the Tenderstem® website is calculated by a registered dietitian using McCance and Widdowson's The Composition of Foods, Seventh Edition, but may vary slightly depending on the specific ingredients used. Analyses do not include optional ingredients or suggested accompaniments unless specific amounts are given. If there is a range in the amount of an ingredient, the smaller amount is used. When a recipe lists a choice of ingredients, the first is used.