Tenderstem® Gratin with Ciabatta & Parmesan Crumbs
5 minutes preparation
20-25 minutes cooking
Lovely as a main dish but equally great as a side, the flavours and textures in here work a treat.
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 large red pepper, seeded and thinly sliced
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- cloves of garlic, peeled and thinly sliced
- 400g Tenderstem®
- 150ml white wine or vegetable stock
- 50g ciabatta bread
- 40g finely grated parmesan cheese
- Handful of basil leaves, shredded
- Pre-heat the oven to 200C/180C fan oven/gas 6.
- Heat 2 tbsp of the olive oil in a frying pan, and then gently sauté the red pepper and onion for about 10 minutes until they are softened and just starting to become golden.
- Add the garlic and Tenderstem® to the pan, and continue to cook for 3-4 minutes. Pour in the wine or stock, and increase the heat so the liquid simmers and steams the Tenderstem®. After a few minutes, remove from the heat and season with salt and pepper.
- Arrange in a single layer in a gratin/oven-proof dish. Scatter over the basil.
- Crumble the ciabatta bread into small pieces into a bowl. Toss together with the parmesan cheese and remaining 1 tbsp of olive oil. Season, and scatter over the top of the Tenderstem®.
- Place in the oven and cook for 10-15 minutes until the crumbs are golden and crispy.
- Serve straight away.
Nutrition information for Tenderstem® is based on lab analysis of the raw product commissioned by Tenderstem®. Please note, nutrition may vary due to origin, methods of storage and preparation, and freshness.
Nutrition analysis of recipes featured on the Tenderstem® website is calculated by a registered dietitian using McCance and Widdowson's The Composition of Foods, Seventh Edition, but may vary slightly depending on the specific ingredients used. Analyses do not include optional ingredients or suggested accompaniments unless specific amounts are given. If there is a range in the amount of an ingredient, the smaller amount is used. When a recipe lists a choice of ingredients, the first is used.