Tenderstem® & chickpea frittata
5 minutes preparation
35 minutes cooking
Nutritional information per serving
- 175g Tenderstem®, each stem cut in half
- 2 tbsp olive oil, plus extra for greasing
- 1/2 red onion, finely chopped
- 1 red pepper, finely chopped
- 1 large clove garlic, finely chopped
- ½ tsp smoked paprika
- ½ x 400g can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 2 tbsp finely chopped coriander
- 7 large eggs, lightly beaten
- sprinkle Sea salt & black pepper
- Heat the oven to 190ºC/170ºC fan/Gas 5. Lightly grease a ceramic baking dish (approx 26 x 16 cm) or a 7″ loose bottomed cake tin.
- Parboil the Tenderstem® for 2-3 minutes, drain and set aside.
- Heat 1½ tbsp of the oil in a large frying pan and sauté the red onion and pepper for 5 minutes until soft. Add the garlic, paprika and chickpeas and cook for a further 2 minutes before adding the coriander.
- Spread the sauté mixture over the base of the prepared dish or tin. Place the Tenderstem® on top in rows or spokes. Season the eggs well with salt and pepper. Pour the beaten eggs over the Tenderstem and bake for approx 25 minutes or until set.
- Cut into wedges to serve.
Nutrition information for Tenderstem® is based on lab analysis of the raw product commissioned by Tenderstem®. Please note, nutrition may vary due to origin, methods of storage and preparation, and freshness.
Nutrition analysis of recipes featured on the Tenderstem® website is calculated by a registered dietitian using McCance and Widdowson's The Composition of Foods, Seventh Edition, but may vary slightly depending on the specific ingredients used. Analyses do not include optional ingredients or suggested accompaniments unless specific amounts are given. If there is a range in the amount of an ingredient, the smaller amount is used. When a recipe lists a choice of ingredients, the first is used.