Spicy Malaysian laksa soup with grilled prawns & Tenderstem® broccoli
15 mins preparation
30 mins cooking
This dish is the perfect, warming supper sure to satisfy. Add frozen Tenderstem® for the ultimate convenient veggie to brighten up this Asian spicy soup.
Recipe created by food blogger, Basement Bakehouse www.basementbakehouse.com
- 8 stems frozen Tenderstem® broccoli
- 400ml light/low fat coconut milk
- 1 packet of fresh frozen prawns (approx. 200g)
- 800ml vegetable/chicken stock
- 4 tbsp. Thai red curry paste
- 1 red chilli (sliced thinly with seeds removed), plus extra for garnish
- 2 nests of dried rice noodles
- 2 thinly-sliced red peppers
- 2 finely diced shallots
- Juice and zest of 1 lime, plus four extra slices for garnish
- 1 crushed garlic clove
- Low-calorie cooking spray
- Salt and pepper (to taste)
- Coriander (to garnish)
- Spray a deep frying pan or thick bottomed saucepan with cooking spray and add the diced shallots. Fry until they soften and brown.
- Add the Thai red curry paste to the shallots, allowing the paste to cook for a couple of minutes.
- Add the red peppers and red chilli with two tablespoons of the coconut milk and continue to cook until the peppers begin to soften.
- Add the rest of the coconut milk with the vegetable stock, lime juice and lime zest. Bring to a simmer and then reduce the heat and cover. Cook for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a separate griddle pan, fry the prawns with the garlic and some cooking spray. Set aside once cooked, and save the pan to cook the frozen Tenderstem® broccoli.
- 5-7 minutes before you're due to remove your soup from the heat, put the griddle pan back on a medium-high heat.
- Spray the pan with some cooking spray and add your frozen Tenderstem® broccoli.
- Season with salt & pepper and turn after a couple of minutes. Remove from the heat when cooked on both sides.
- To assemble your laksa, divide the noodles between four bowls and add the spicy soup and peppers into each until the noodles are almost covered.
- Top with your grilled prawns and grilled Tenderstem® broccoli and drizzle with some more of the laksa soup.
- Garnish with a slice of lime, some sliced chilli and a sprinkle of coriander.
Nutrition information for Tenderstem® is based on lab analysis of the raw product commissioned by Tenderstem®. Please note, nutrition may vary due to origin, methods of storage and preparation, and freshness.
Nutrition analysis of recipes featured on the Tenderstem® website is calculated by a registered dietitian using McCance and Widdowson's The Composition of Foods, Seventh Edition, but may vary slightly depending on the specific ingredients used. Analyses do not include optional ingredients or suggested accompaniments unless specific amounts are given. If there is a range in the amount of an ingredient, the smaller amount is used. When a recipe lists a choice of ingredients, the first is used.