Orecchiette with Tenderstem® & Prawns
under 10 minutes cooking
A simple supper of prawns and Tenderstem® that works just as well for when you’ve got people round for dinner as it does as a quick family meal in front of the TV.
This delicious twist on a simple pasta dish can be on the table in just 10 minutes.
- 400g dried orecchiette pasta
- 200g pack Tenderstem®
- Large knob of butter
- 400g raw peeled prawns
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- Pinch dried chilli flakes
- Handful flat leaf parsley, chopped
- Cook the orecchiette according to the packet instructions.
- Meanwhile, prepare the Tenderstem® by cutting the florets off and slicing the stem, then steam or boil for about 3 minutes until just tender.
- While the Tenderstem in cooking, sauté 400g peeled raw prawns in butter with 2-3 cloves crushed garlic and a good pinch of dried chilli flakes until they are pink and just cooked through. Then add a generous handful of chopped flat leaf parsley, season well with salt and black pepper.
- Add the cooked orecchiette and Tenderstem® to the prawns, toss well and serve immediately.
Nutrition information for Tenderstem® is based on lab analysis of the raw product commissioned by Tenderstem®. Please note, nutrition may vary due to origin, methods of storage and preparation, and freshness.
Nutrition analysis of recipes featured on the Tenderstem® website is calculated by a registered dietitian using McCance and Widdowson's The Composition of Foods, Seventh Edition, but may vary slightly depending on the specific ingredients used. Analyses do not include optional ingredients or suggested accompaniments unless specific amounts are given. If there is a range in the amount of an ingredient, the smaller amount is used. When a recipe lists a choice of ingredients, the first is used.