Mustard Grilled Mackerel, Tenderstem® & Toasted Lemon & Basil Breadcrumbs
Under 10 minutes cooking
The crunchy coating on the mackerel here is heavy on flavour.
A speedy yet impressive dinner that’s packed with nutrients, this recipe is just one of the ‘Tenderstem® in Ten’ recipes – ten recipes ready in less than ten minutes.
- 4 large mackerel fillets
- 4 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 200g pack Tenderstem®
- Good slug extra virgin olive oil
- 2 large handfuls fresh breadcrumbs
- Zest of 1 lemon
- Large handful of fresh basil, chopped
- Preheat the grill to get it really hot.
- Smear the mackerel fillets with the Dijon mustard on the non-skin side and grill skin side up until really crispy.
- Meanwhile, boil or steam the Tenderstem® for about 3 minutes until tender.
- In a frying pan fry the breadcrumbs in the olive oil until golden. Turn off the heat and add the zest of 1 lemon and a large handful of freshly chopped basil. Season well with sea salt and black pepper.
- Arrange the Tenderstem® on warm plates with the mackerel and sprinkle the toasted crumbs over the top. Serve with lemon wedges.
Nutrition information for Tenderstem® is based on lab analysis of the raw product commissioned by Tenderstem®. Please note, nutrition may vary due to origin, methods of storage and preparation, and freshness.
Nutrition analysis of recipes featured on the Tenderstem® website is calculated by a registered dietitian using McCance and Widdowson's The Composition of Foods, Seventh Edition, but may vary slightly depending on the specific ingredients used. Analyses do not include optional ingredients or suggested accompaniments unless specific amounts are given. If there is a range in the amount of an ingredient, the smaller amount is used. When a recipe lists a choice of ingredients, the first is used.