Lamb Koftas with Tenderstem® & Yoghurt Dip
10 minutes preparation
45 minutes cooking
The Middle Eastern delight that is lamb kofta is given a Tenderstem® makeover.
For the Koftas
- 450g Lean minced lamb
- 1 medium onion
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- ¼ tsp rushed saffron, dissolved in 2 tablespoon of hot water
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp freshly ground pepper
- 2tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp sumac
For the dip
- 200g Tenderstem®
- 350g plain yoghurt
- 2 large garlic cloves, finely chopped
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- ½ tsp dried mint
- ¼ tsp crushed dried rose petals (optional)
- In a large bowl combine the lamb, onion, garlic, saffron, salt, pepper and mix well with your hands.
- Separate the lamb mixture into 8 equal portions and form each into a sausage shape.
- Heat 2 tbsp of oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the koftas, cook for around 20 minutes, turning frequently, until brown on all sides and cooked through.
- While the koftas are cooking make the Tenderstem® dip by first boiling the Tenderstem® for 2 minutes. Drain and set aside.
- In a bowl, combine the yoghurt and minced garlic, add salt and pepper to taste.
- In a large frying pan heat 2 tbsps of the oil over medium heat. Add the Tenderstem® to the pan and season with salt and pepper. Cook for 7 minutes.
- Spread half of the garlic yoghurt onto a serving platter. Place the cooked Tenderstem® on the yoghurt and pour the remaining yoghurt evenly over the top. Drizzle with the olive oil, sprinkle with dried mint and crushed rose petals (if using.)
- Arrange the koftas on a platter, sprinkle with sumac and serve with flat bread/rice and the Tenderstem® dip.
Nutrition information for Tenderstem® is based on lab analysis of the raw product commissioned by Tenderstem®. Please note, nutrition may vary due to origin, methods of storage and preparation, and freshness.
Nutrition analysis of recipes featured on the Tenderstem® website is calculated by a registered dietitian using McCance and Widdowson's The Composition of Foods, Seventh Edition, but may vary slightly depending on the specific ingredients used. Analyses do not include optional ingredients or suggested accompaniments unless specific amounts are given. If there is a range in the amount of an ingredient, the smaller amount is used. When a recipe lists a choice of ingredients, the first is used.