Cheese & Tenderstem® Pasta
5 minutes preparation
10 minutes cooking
This delicious take on a week night pasta dish by dessertsanddecoupage.co.uk is quick and easy to make and perfect for those cosy winter evenings.
- 100g Tenderstem®
- 100g Fine green beans
- Pasta enough for 2 people
- Knob of Butter
- Pinch of Salt
- 250ml Skimmed or 1% milk
- Grated Cheese
- Start by preparing the pasta, bring a saucepan of water to the boil, adding a small pinch of salt to help stop the pasta sticking to the pan. Allow the pasta to simmer on the boil for around 10-15 minutes
- Melt a small knob of butter with a dash of plain flour and stir into a paste, add the milk and stir constantly until smooth
- Add your cheese to the sauce mixture until you reach a desired taste. I like mine really cheesey!
- While that’s cooking, prepare your veg. I used Tenderstem® and green beans because they’re easy, but peas, broccoli and other green veg work well too. For the Tenderstem® everything is good to eat even the stem. Slice up your green beans and then boil together for around 5 minutes. If you prefer them softer boil for a little longer. Add your veggies in with your cheese sauce and stir well
- When your pasta is cooked, drain the water away and stir in with your cheese and green sauce
Nutrition information for Tenderstem® is based on lab analysis of the raw product commissioned by Tenderstem®. Please note, nutrition may vary due to origin, methods of storage and preparation, and freshness.
Nutrition analysis of recipes featured on the Tenderstem® website is calculated by a registered dietitian using McCance and Widdowson's The Composition of Foods, Seventh Edition, but may vary slightly depending on the specific ingredients used. Analyses do not include optional ingredients or suggested accompaniments unless specific amounts are given. If there is a range in the amount of an ingredient, the smaller amount is used. When a recipe lists a choice of ingredients, the first is used.