Cauliflower pizza with goat’s cheese & Tenderstem®
30 minutes preparation
30 minutes cooking
Instead of dough, make a pizza base with cauliflower with garlic, parmesan and mozzarella then top it with Tenderstem broccoli and goat's cheese.
- 1 large cauliflower
- 1 large free-range egg
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 25g parmesan, grated
- 25g mozzarella, torn
- 1 x 227g can chopped tomatoes
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 tsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp oregano
- ½ tsp chilli flakes
- 200g Tenderstem®
- 50g goat’s cheese with rind, sliced
- 50g black olives
- 20g pine nuts, toasted
- Small handful fresh basil, torn
- Rocket salad, to serve
- Heat the oven to 200°C/180°C fan/gas 6 and line a large oven tray with greaseproof paper. To make the pizza base, whizz the cauliflower in a food processor to a fine, crumb-like texture. Place in a microwave-proof bowl and cover with cling film. Microwave on the highest setting for 3-4 minutes until steamed.
- When cool enough to handle, tip the cauliflower onto a clean tea towel and wring out all the excess liquid. Repeat several times until completely dry. Place in a large bowl and mix in the egg, garlic, parmesan and mozzarella. Season well and use your hands to bring the mixture together to form a ball.
- Transfer the cauliflower ball to the tray and flatten with your fingers, forming a round about 1cm thick. Bake for 12-15 minutes until golden and it holds its shape.
- Meanwhile, blitz the chopped tomatoes in the food processor until smooth. Pour into a saucepan and add the tomato paste, balsamic vinegar, oregano and chilli flakes. Bring to a boil then simmer until thick and spreadable, about 5 minutes.
- Steam the Tenderstem until just cooked through, but still retaining a little bite. Spread the tomato sauce on the pizza base, then top with the Tenderstem, goat’s cheese and black olives. Return to the oven for a further 10 minutes until the cheese starts to melt. Sprinkle with the pine nuts and basil and serve with a rocket salad.
Nutrition information for Tenderstem® is based on lab analysis of the raw product commissioned by Tenderstem®. Please note, nutrition may vary due to origin, methods of storage and preparation, and freshness.
Nutrition analysis of recipes featured on the Tenderstem® website is calculated by a registered dietitian using McCance and Widdowson's The Composition of Foods, Seventh Edition, but may vary slightly depending on the specific ingredients used. Analyses do not include optional ingredients or suggested accompaniments unless specific amounts are given. If there is a range in the amount of an ingredient, the smaller amount is used. When a recipe lists a choice of ingredients, the first is used.