Tenderstem®, Pancetta & Butterbean Broth
5 minutes preparation
10 minutes cooking
A warming soup with a salty edge to it, thanks to the pancetta. Here, the Tenderstem® brings some crunch to the softer texture of the butterbeans.
This warming hearty broth will go down a treat on a chilly day. It’s also a nice dish to take to work with you for a lovely alternative to an expensive deli sandwich lunch.
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 200g diced pancetta
- 2 cloves of garlic, peeled and crushed
- 2 leeks, sliced
- 2 x 400g tins of butterbeans, drained
- 1 bay leaf
- 650ml vegetable or chicken stock
- 200g Tenderstem® cut into 3-4cm pieces
- 1 heaped tsp Dijon mustard
- Heat the olive oil in a saucepan and then gently fry the pancetta until it is lightly golden. Add the garlic and leeks and fry for a further 5 minutes until the leeks are softened.
- Stir in the drained butter beans and bay leaf. Pour in the stock and bring to a simmer. Using a potato masher, roughly mash the butter beans, keeping some whole but creating a thicker broth consistency.
- Add the Tenderstem® and Dijon mustard, and cook for 5 minutes, until the Tenderstem® is tender. Season with salt and pepper and serve hot.
Nutrition information for Tenderstem® is based on lab analysis of the raw product commissioned by Tenderstem®. Please note, nutrition may vary due to origin, methods of storage and preparation, and freshness.
Nutrition analysis of recipes featured on the Tenderstem® website is calculated by a registered dietitian using McCance and Widdowson's The Composition of Foods, Seventh Edition, but may vary slightly depending on the specific ingredients used. Analyses do not include optional ingredients or suggested accompaniments unless specific amounts are given. If there is a range in the amount of an ingredient, the smaller amount is used. When a recipe lists a choice of ingredients, the first is used.