Tenderstem® with Glazed Pearl Onions & Cranberries
5 mins preparation
15 mins cooking
- 2 x 200g packets Tenderstem®
- 1 tbsp Rapeseed oil
- 100g Frozen pearl onions, or fresh onions peeled and trimmed
- 100g Soft, dried cranberries (craisins)
- 50g Butter
- Pinch of salt and pepper to taste
- Fry the onions in non-stick pan or a wok in the rapeseed oil until the onions are soft but still retain their shape – about 5 minutes, adding the dried cranberries for the last 2 minutes. Remove the onions and cranberries from the pan, cover and keep warm.
- Add the Tenderstem® and fry for 4 to 5 minutes, stirring all the time; add the cooked pearl onions and dried cranberries back to the pan with the Tenderstem® and add the butter, to coat and “glaze” the onions and the Tenderstem®.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste and serve immediately in a warmed serving dish.
Nutrition information for Tenderstem® is based on lab analysis of the raw product commissioned by Tenderstem®. Please note, nutrition may vary due to origin, methods of storage and preparation, and freshness.
Nutrition analysis of recipes featured on the Tenderstem® website is calculated by a registered dietitian using McCance and Widdowson's The Composition of Foods, Seventh Edition, but may vary slightly depending on the specific ingredients used. Analyses do not include optional ingredients or suggested accompaniments unless specific amounts are given. If there is a range in the amount of an ingredient, the smaller amount is used. When a recipe lists a choice of ingredients, the first is used.