Tenderstem® Scandi Smørrebrød (open sandwich)
5 mins preparation
5 mins cooking
Brunch like a champion with this Scandi-inspired smørrebrød recipe! The Scandi sandwich is all about going topless, stacking a delicious combination of avocado, smoked salmon and steamed Tenderstem® on a slice of wholesome dark rye or pumpernickel. Guaranteed to get your day off to a delicious start!
- Approx. 120g of Tenderstem®
- 50g crème fraiche
- 2 tablespoons chopped, fresh dill, plus extra to garnish
- 2 teaspoons horseradish sauce
- 2 slices of dark rye or pumpernickel bread
- 1 ripe avocado, peeled and sliced
- 100g smoked salmon
- Small bunch of watercress
- Lemon wedges to serve
- Freshly ground pepper
- Place the Tenderstem® in a steamer and steam for 3-4 minutes
- Mix together the crème fraîche, chopped dill and horseradish sauce in a small bowl and set aside
- Lightly toast the rye bread or pumpernickel
- When you are ready to serve, divide the crème fraîche, horseradish and dill mixture between the two slices of toast and spread evenly to cover
- Arrange the avocado slices on top and then add the smoked salmon slices
- Top with the lightly steamed Tenderstem®, a few sprigs of watercress and dill and freshly ground black pepper. Serve immediately with lemon wedges.
Nutrition information for Tenderstem® is based on lab analysis of the raw product commissioned by Tenderstem®. Please note, nutrition may vary due to origin, methods of storage and preparation, and freshness.
Nutrition analysis of recipes featured on the Tenderstem® website is calculated by a registered dietitian using McCance and Widdowson's The Composition of Foods, Seventh Edition, but may vary slightly depending on the specific ingredients used. Analyses do not include optional ingredients or suggested accompaniments unless specific amounts are given. If there is a range in the amount of an ingredient, the smaller amount is used. When a recipe lists a choice of ingredients, the first is used.