Created by Ross Weddle
What's fresh and in season?
- Created by Ross Weddle
- 10 mins preparation
- 20 mins cooking
- Serves 4
A dish for fussy eaters, adaptable for veggies or carnivores
- 250g pack of Tenderstem®, trimmed
- 300g Carnaroli Risotto Rice
- Litre of stock (vegetable, chicken or beef depending on taste and meat)
- Teaspoon of tomato puree if using beef
- Banana shallot – finely diced
- Garlic – finely diced
- Large glass (wine white for chicken, red for beef, sherry for veggie)
Prepare and cook meat if required
Finely chop garlic and shallot, lightly brown in pan.
Add rice and stir until translucent.
Add wine and burn off alcohol
Stir in stock in small quantities until all used (about 15 minutes)
Bring Tenderstem® to the boil and simmer for four minutes
Dress with meat and tenderstem
For veggie version serve with side salad of grated carrot and sour cream
Serve with black pepper, parmesan and sourdough bread wedges