Tenderstem® Broccoli and Beans, with Mint and Bacon
Created by Melanie Booth
I come from the beautiful city of Bath, and food is my life, my love and my passion. I have a degree in nutrition so I tend to like to cook healthy foods. I love to cook seasonally too, and i also love the flavours of British and Italian cooking.
- Created by Melanie Booth
- 5 mins preparation
- 6 mins cooking
- Serves 4
This is a tasty little side dish, made with tender green vegetables, smoky bacon, and fresh mint.
- 250g Tenderstem® broccoli spears, halved
- 250g frozen broad beans, defrosted then “podded”
- 2 thick slices smoked back bacon, diced
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Squeeze of lemon
- Handful fresh mint, finely chopped
- Pinch of sugar, and salt and pepper to taste
Steam the Tenderstem® broccoli for 5 minutes. Meanwhile, in a non-stick frying pan, fry the bacon until beginning to brown.
Add the steamed Tenderstem® and all the other ingredients to the bacon, stir fry around until everything is well coated for a couple of minutes, season to taste, and serve!