Nick's Veggie Wellington with Spicy Stir Fry.
Created by Nick Isaac
I am still a novice but enjoy cooking. I think everything should be well presented with a display of enticing colours. I cook for my partner who has presented new challenges in that she is a vegetarian, as she is still around I must be doing something right
- Created by Nick Isaac
- 20 mins preparation
- 20 mins cooking
- Serves 4
An array of mouthwatering vegetables wrapped in a delicious pastry, with a side of spicy stir fry.
- 250 grams Closed cap mushrooms ( washed and peeled and sliced)
- 1 Courgette (sliced in half and then chopped into inch long slices no more than 1 inch thick)
- 1 Medium sized red onion sliced in half, 1 half retained for dressing 1 half finely chopped.
- 2 Medium sized carrots (grated)
- 3 Spring Onions thinly sliced
- 120 grams Tenderstem®
- 1 Medium potato washed but not peeled- thinly sliced.
- 1 Red chilli deseeded add as much chopped as you dare!
- 325 grams Ready Roll Puff Pastry (or make your own if you are feeling very clever).
- 1 Large chopped tomato
- Salt and pepper to season.
- Fresh Garlic or Garlic powder.
- A small piece of fresh ginger peeled and chopped
Lay pastry flat on your work surface and take 3/4 of the carrot, all of the spring onion, 1/4 of the mushrooms, Chilli to your taste, tomato, and the Tenderstems® halved down the centre. Lay all the ingredients in a line on your pastry.
Lay a layer of courgette and potato on the outside of your ingredient vegetables either side to seal in the flavours when cooking. Retain some of the potato to make beautiful accompany fries.
Season your ingredients with salt and pepper.
Drizzle with olive oil and put a small amount of garlic powder on top.
Wrap the pastry over and seal the sides with a fork, see picture for Nicks Devon knot.
Cook for 20 minutes.
Whilst cooking stir fry the remaining veggies apart from potato with a pinch of turmeric and black pepper and a small pinch of Ginger.
Shallow fry the potato for perfect fries.